Cinnamon Rolls with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 500g wheat or spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 12g dried yeast
- 120g brown sugar
- 200-250ml warm milk (use rice or soya if you're vegan)
- 90ml melted butter (use coconut oil if you're vegan)
- FOR STUFFING
- 200g walnuts
- 200g cranberries (unsweetened)
- 20ml melted butter or coconut oil+30ml milk (rice or soya) to brush rolls before baking
- sparkling sugar crystals (optional)
- Step 1 Mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, yeast)
- Step 2 Melt butter or coconut oil and whisk with a warm milk
- Step 3 Mix all ingredients and start to knead
- Step 4 Knead for at least 10 minutes
- Step 5 Leave the dough to rise
- Step 6 Roll up dough with walnuts, cranberries and cinnamon
- Step 7 Bake for a 25 minutes in 180C
Try out this vegan recipe for delicious and sweet rolled buns. They are perfect for lunch with a cup of soy milk.
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Melt butter or coconut oil in a pan over low heat, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Whisk together warm milk and melted butter.
In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar and dry yeast. Pour into the mixing bowl milk with butter and start to knead. Knead at least for 10 minutes and then place the dough in a big bowl, cover the bowl with a cloth and set aside in a warm place for 1,5 to 2 hours (you can also leave the dough in a fridge for all night but no longer than 3 days).
Turn the dough out into a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes. Roll out the dough to the size 30 x 30 cm and to the thickness 1cm.
Brush the dough with a melted butter and milk, sprinkle with a cinnamon, chopped nuts and dried cranberries.
Roll up dough and cut into 14 pieces (2-3cm each). Brush them with a milk and sprinkle with sparkling sugar crystals. Set aside for 30 minutes to1 hour.
Bake in a preheat oven to 180C for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Enjoy and remember – Taste Rules!
Find more inspiration for vegan dishes on our blog.